IMP Contest: Pitchfork Music Festival Tickets
With all the talk of summer concerts and festivals, I figured it was about time IMP got into the mix. No, unfortunately there won't be an International Mixtape Fest this year (one can only dream), but IMP is prepared to help you check out one of the best summer lineups by giving away tickets to the awesome Pitchfork Music Festival. IMP has tickets for all three days of the fest, which runs July 13-15 in Chicago and includes performances by Sonic Youth, GZA, Cat Power, Yoko Ono, Mastodon, Deerhunter, Battles, Grizzly Bear, The Clipse, The New Pornographers, De La Soul, Slint, Girl Talk, Stephen Malkmus, Califone, Of Montreal, Iron and Wine, Klaxons, and Junior Boys among many, many more. Prizes will also include CDs by artists performing at the festival and free download cards from eMusic.
Basically, all you need to do is submit an original piece of writing for the IMP Featured Articles space. IMP Featured Articles can be album, song, or concert reviews, artist profiles, interviews, creative or academic essays, fiction, or anything you can imagine that relates to music or mixtaping. The best articles will be published on the IMP website, and the cream of the crop will be selected for prizes. That's it. Really. It couldn't be simpler! If you already have tickets to the Pitchfork Music Festival or don't live in the Chicago area (or the United States, for that matter), you should enter anyway and give your ticket to a friend (or unload it on Craig's List). Enter as many times as you like!
Contest rules and guidelines for submitting IMP Featured Articles are below. The deadline for contest submissions is Sunday, June 24. I hope to hear from you soon!
-- Ryan Mixtape, 06/01/2007
- Submissions must be received by June 24.
- Prize winners will be notified by e-mail during the last week of June.
- IMP has no affiliation with Pitchfork Media, the Pitchfork Music Festival, or any of its artists or sponsors.
- All prizes are transferable.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- Not all entries will be published as IMP Featured Articles.
- Not all published IMP Featured Articles will be awarded prizes.
- All submissions must be original and previously unpublished in any format.
- All submissions will be considered the sole property of the International Mixtape Project upon submission.
- Please contact email@example.com with questions.
IMP Featured Article Guidelines
- All content submissions must be saved in Word .doc format.
- All submissions must be sent attached to an e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ARTICLE.
- All submissions must be at least 500 words in length, but can be any length beyond that.
- The content of both the e-mail and the heading of the Word document (above the content of the article) must include the following numbered items:
- First and last name
- URL of your profile on the IMP website
- Mailing address
- Topic and title (e.g., Concert Review: Neko Case at Show Box in Seattle)
- Any additional relevant information